marvelloussbooks

marvelloussbooks

Reading is in progress.

Nothing much happened in the book

Hidden Away (KGI, #3) - Maya Banks

Long story short? I would rate this 4 stars but not many combat scenes (highly disappointed) and I decided to stay content with 3 stars then.

Nothing much happened in the book. It focused more on the romance between Garrett and Sarah. I didn't impress with how things turned up for Marcus Lattimer and Stanley Cross. In regards of Marcus, for someone who was deadly and lethal, he's easily killed. To add incredulity, by accident. Stanley Cross on the other hand, is dead too but with vague detail of how it was done. No satisfaction at all.

I was a bit wary to pick Hidden Away because Garrett has this too much love and care for his sisters-in-law, particularly for Rachel. Thank goodness the feeling was toned down in this book as his focus now has directed to Sarah. Nevertheless, I can't help but thinking that Rachel is definitely still marrying a wrong brother. Poor Ethan. I really hope for another book of Ethan and Rachel and give them true closure. Clearly there is something still haven't resolved between the couple. Sigh.

Anyway, despite of only little of suspense, I enjoyed the romance though. It was emotionally intense and I loved the heroine. She's innocent, resilient, and kind. More importantly, she didn't give me any headache. Also, I enjoyed seeing Garrett's going down, falling in love hard for Sarah.

I don’t care if you don’t have a penny to your name. I don’t care if you have a job. Those things will come. What I want is for you to be with me so we can work this out together. Together we can do anything. You don’t have to go through this alone. I’ll be with you every step of the way. That’s what love is about. - Garrett Kelly.

Can I have one of the Kelly brothers for myself? HA! I'm hoping for more actions in next books and less cheesy corny mushy love. That's the sole reason I landed with this series. I want a lot of kickassing in the midst of romance aka romantic suspense, alright. Read on your own peril.