marvelloussbooks

marvelloussbooks

Reading is in progress.

In Bed with a Highlander

In Bed with a Highlander - 'Maya Banks' After I read For Her Pleasure written by Maya Banks, I was afraid to read her other books. But then, this friend of mine, she recommended me to read this book and she assured me I would like it. So, yes indeed -- she was right because I did, I liked it. Loved it. By the way, this is my first medieval historical romance read!

I liked it when a story being told with fast-paced and easier to catch up. In this book, there was a lot of events happened made this premise more exciting, thrilling, and interesting. I found myself couldn't stop turning the page as I so was curious to know what would happen next. I particularly enjoyed immensely on action part, definitely adrenaline rush.

I enjoyed the romance too. It was adorable. The steamy scenes were mild -- erotic at some parts but not many. I particularly admired the heroine's love and care towards hero's son, Crispen. The moment I read that part, I was instantly falling in love with her. Her love didn't stop there -- she also loves hero's two brothers, Alaric and Caelen, and her McCabe clan. And of course, her love, affection, and passion towards hero's himself, Ewan. Mairin is meant to be loved.

Will looking forward to read the next book soon! I recommend this book/trilogy to anyone especially historical lovers. You would love it as much as I do. Bonus if you're an adrenaline junkie.

P. S. Thank goodness the hero is a keeper, the I-do-not-share type.