marvelloussbooks

marvelloussbooks

Reading is in progress.

Drink, Slay, Love

Drink, Slay, Love - Sarah Beth Durst Before I grabbed this book, I was enticed with the title and the cover. The book (and it’s so red. Well, I love red) seemed to show and fill with elements of dark, wicked, funky and evil. However, the book didn’t reach my expectation and I wasn’t really that impressed. The beginning wasn’t that intriguing and it’d been hard for me because well, my brain kept telling me the book wasn’t worth my time. Anyway, I was glad I continued though because things got better as I kept flipping pages and I started to like it.

What I liked about this book is that the author has created the element of good. Two different worlds wish to seek for peace, to blend in and live in harmony with each other. In this case, supernatural creatures like vampires, vampire slayers, and unicorns with normal people, human. It’s all for greater good – to change/turn the evil into good. However, I was not okay with the unicorn thing. I understand the author wanted to create something different but really, unicorn? In my opinion, I found that unicorn-vampire connection just really weird and I just think that unicorns aren’t so super awesome and kicking ass kind of creatures.

The characters are okay. I liked when Pearl enjoyed her first sun and forgot about sinking her fangs in people’s neck. Jadrien’s selfish and unfair but actually I loved the chemistry between Jadrien and Pearl. Too bad that he wasn’t for her. The romance between Pearl and Evan wasn’t really showing. I liked Bethany, she’s perky and nice. The most scariest character is Pearl’s mom. I got cringed and scared when reading about her.

Overall, the book’s good and I hope and wish this book wouldn’t come with sequel. You know, reading series is actually tiring.