marvelloussbooks

marvelloussbooks

Reading is in progress.

Hunger

Hunger - Jackie Kessler When I grabbed this book, I expected it to be fantastic but it didn't. It made me tired reading the constant repetition of description of anorexic, it got dragged, lacked of plot and it also left me in confusion. I agreed with other readers that something is missing in this book.

The reason I picked this book because the series called Riders of the Apocalypse. I thought as Lisa appointed Famine, there would be the worst and destruction, make human suffer in vain etc but sadly, those didn't happen in this book. It just happened in opposite. The opposite which changes Lisa and one part of the world.

Besides, another three characters or horsemen introduced namely War, Pestilence, and Death. Their steeds too, Midnight or Black Horse, Red Horse and Pale Horse. Amongst these four horsemen, I liked Death very much because he is scary yet he is funny. I hate to break it to you but he does sing and play guitar which is utter hilarious! I can't wait to read about him. Another reason I managed to stick with this book - the HUMOUR.

I hope the next book has thereof explanation, narration and understanding, more exciting, and interesting plot.