marvelloussbooks

marvelloussbooks

Reading is in progress.

A Wedding in Springtime

A Wedding in Springtime - Amanda Forester 3 stars

I did enjoy this book only that I didn't enjoy it immensely. The story is a bit dull although sometimes, sweet.

Even though with the emphasis on hero, William Grand and heroine, Eugenia Talbot, this book has many characters that somehow are very important. These characters are connected to each other. Said connection is VITAL because it formed a story.

I had to remember a lot of names too and it was a tedious thing to do. Truly.

The moment I saw the book title and the series title, I thought it was going to be a love story with overwhelming, sizzling, passionate romance. I was anticipated and expecting that. Sadly, the story focused less on romance but instead, it is mostly focused on mystery and adventure. Not that I'm complaining, in fact, I quite liked it! It's just the story doesn't sync with the book, series title AT ALL.

I would put out this book if it weren't for William Grant. I liked him so much. He is a notorious rake but a good one. He isn't like any other typical rake who loves brooding. This one, however, is a very charming and has a good sense of humour. The problem with other characters is that they are all simply plain to me. In my humble opinion, their personalities need to be more enhanced.

I will continue with this series BUT I might have second thoughts if I was misled, again.

Read on your own peril.